Thursday 12 January 2012

New toys!

Yesterday was good and bad in my craft world.

Good because a delivery of new toys arrived-embossing folders, die cuts, buttons, jute twine plus my first set of Kraft cards.
Bad because I couldn't get the die cuts to work and a digi print I wanted to use just wasn't playing for me.
So the afternoon ended with no cards being made and me being frustrated.

However today is another day and I was determined to use some of my new toys to make a very simple card. My cousin Lynn's crd earlier this week inspired me to make this card-you can view her card here The Mango Boys and Me and also at the bottom of this post-you will see she is the pro!


This card is for Fresh brewed Design 'pink, kraft and white' colour challenge. This challenge gave me chance to use my new embossed folder-I love this swirly design, I don't think you need to add much to a card when you use it.
I also got to use my kraft paper and jute twine.

And here is Lynn's card:


Hope you have a good and productive day x

Used in the card:
Embossing folder and kraft card from Handy Hippo
Twine from Not on the high street
Button from stash
Sentiment from Wild Rose Studio


2 comments:

  1. Love the CAS style. the embossing is the perfect touch.

    Thank you for joining us at Freshly Brewed Challenges color challenge and I hope to see you Thursday the 19th at our Valentine's Blog Hop / digi release!!! :)
    Big Smiles!
    Heather D.
    www.freshbreweddesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandie! What a pretty embossing folder, you used! I love the way you stamped your sentiment between the twine! Very clever! Great Card!
    Thank you for joining us at Freshly Brewed Challenges for our, Kraft, Pink and White Challenge this week!
    Don't forget about our Valentine Blog Hop on Thursday! We would love to have you join us for the opportunity to win a prize!
    Warmest Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete

//