Friday 10 February 2012

chocolates and love!

Valentines is nearly here and I have finally got around to finishing my valentines gift for hubby.

Last week I watched Sheryl's gift box tutorial here and decided I would make a gift box for Valentines and fill it with heart shaped chocs for Callum. I wanted to make the box match with  card I had made for him a few weeks ago.
 And here is the box:


Following Sheryl's tutorial I added a small card on the front and one tugged into a pocket I made on the back on the box-this is what you can see popping out of the top with 3 heart gems.

The heart is made of felt cut using the Big Shot.

And here is the card with the box and 2 of the heart chocs that are inside the box:


A small pressie but one I hope he likes.

So I am now prepared for Tuesday.........are you???

I am going to enter this into the following challenges:

the sisterhood of crafters
Fresh Brewed Designs
Rainbow Lady's Challenges
more than favors
Outlawz

Hope you all have a good weekend x


11 comments:

  1. Fabulous project, Sandie! Met you on The Outlawz and became a Follower.
    Hugz,
    Roxann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adorable project! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘VALENTINE’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet project Sandie :) Thought I'd follow your blog after we became friends on The Outlawz!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love = chocolate in my world! I hope you'll join me again this week at 52 Card Pickup!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/02/52-card-pickup-week-6.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandie! I LOVE THIS PROJECT! The black with the red and white is really SHARP and CLASSY! You did an outstanding job and I'm sure that your husband will be touched with your sweet thoughtfulness! Thank you for the shout out on my tutorial!
      Have a wonderful Weekend!
      Warmest Hugs, Sheryl

      Delete
  5. Very striking, Sandie. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like this a lot clever you. Thanks for playing
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea thanks for sharing at Rainbow Lady's this week. Elizabeth x

      Delete
  7. Absolutely fabulous project!! Thanks for joining us at the month long Fresh Brewed Blog Love challenge.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - this turned out beautifully =) Thanks for playing along with The Sisterhood of Crafters for our Valentine Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love that big bright red heart. Very striking.

    Thank you for joining us this month for our LOVE challenge at
    Freshly Brewed Challenges!

    Hope to see you at our rubber stamp release hop on Saturday.

    Heather D.
    www.freshbreweddesigns.com

    ReplyDelete

//