Wednesday 4 July 2012

Stretching my stamps!

Happy 4th July to all you American crafting buddies...Enjoy!! Hope you are enjoying the fireworks and barbies and having a drink to celebrate your independence from us!!

Over the last week I have been following Virginia's posts here. She has been showing us a number of ways to stretch the use of our stamps. Her creativity has been inspiring. In my card today I have used 3 techniques she has showcased this week-partial stamping, masking and multiple stamping of the same stamp. I struggled with the masking and tried a number of times before I finally came up with this:


I made this for a friend who loves butterflies and just needed a bit of cheering up so I hope this does the trick!

I have used Colourq's challenge colours for this week of poppy, peach, navy, brocade blue and white. I have stamped the sentiment in a plum colour but I wanted it to stand out more so I hope colourq will allow this!!

I will also enter this into the 'things with wings' challenge at Fashionista

And again if you are across the pond.......have a fun day xx




7 comments:

  1. How STUNNING!! I love the fact that you used three techniques in this card. The masking is perfect by the way (if you used a sticky note-like Pot It Note, it would have been much easier to do, too!). You really show off the stamps so beautifully! Thanks so much for sharing the Knotting Hill and the Paris proposal with me in my post. Glad that you were inspired and linked this beauty to share over "How I Stretch My Stamps" Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card,Sandie, lovely butterflies! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ and sharing your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is very pretty--masking takes a little practice and you have done a great job with it! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at the CQC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Love every detail. You've done an excellent job with the masking, Sandie. A+

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandie - what lovely butterflies, and you did great masking! Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card!
    Thank you for entering our challenge over at Fashionista Challenge blog
    Good luck in the draw! – Hope to see you soon again!

    Hugs
    Eva`s Scraproom
    DT Member Fashionista Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Sandie - love those butterflies! So happy to see you play with us at the colourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete

//