Thursday 4 October 2012

New Year??

Not quite the New Year but I am in the middle of making 2 calendars for 2013. It is a long job as each month has a new header. I started the process a few weeks ago and am slowly getting through the months.
Today I did the main header for my Aunt and Uncle's calendar. My Uncle, Tony, has worked with cars all his life and now at 70 plus, when he should be sitting back and taking a well deserved rest, he still works everyday! It seemed right to base the header around cars so I used a number plate rubber stamp from Stampology. This set comes with numbers, letters and months to mix and match. I followed this week's great sketch from retro sketches



I wanted to make the background appear like a garage and tried out a number of different patterned paper but just couldn't get it right. I decided to make my own using the 'grunge' set from PTI to make memento London fog ink. It was fun inking this and I like the way it looks.
I will also enter this into the 'numbers' Just Us Girls challenge.


7 comments:

  1. Ahhh...this is so perfect for Tony and Mary...and wow...that grunge look is absolutely incredible Sandie. I love the sweet little Time to Celebrate tags. Awesome! Thanks so much for playing with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aahhh...so this is CAS! I like it. Clean, uncluttered. Must give it a go...someday. I have this friend who keeps challenging me. You might know her! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Love that you made our own special background! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever! Thanks for joining in with JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun :) Great take on the challenge! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. EEK - this is so cute! Thank you so much for playing with us at RetroSketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

//