Pages

Friday, 16 November 2012

Easy to forget!

With all the glitter, presents, candy and decorations, it is so easy for us to forget the true meaning of Christmas. And today I have made a card to remind me that there is more to Christmas than all the trimmings!

Angeline's card on Case Study this week, was the inspiration for my card. I loved the strong, simple lines of the card and the sentiment bordered with the wreath. I took this and then based my card on the sketch this week at CAS(E) this Sketch! I added my own little twist to the sketch by adding twine as the background strip-I tried different papers, ribbon and twine.The twine just looked right to me. I did decorate the centre of the card in the same way but forgot to take a photo!!


I am so pleased I finally found a design I like for my Verve 'richly blessed' sentiments. I am also going to enter this into the 'Religious Christmas' challenge at Twist of Faith Card Challenge

Here is Angeline's card and the layout from CAS(E) this sketch.




So have you any plans for the weekend? I am hopefully off to into town to see Mr Bond in Skyfall.

16 comments:

  1. Super fab card, Sandie! Lovely verse and a much needed reminder! I spy .... another bow! Well done, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining us at Twist of Faith this week -your card is lovely - I like the twine on the card and the scripture is the best! Enjoy your day and come and visit us again! God Blessings to you - ~ Gail DT member Twist of Faith ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/11/52-card-pickup-week-46.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is awesome, the true meaning of Christmas; lets think about that...a beautiful scripture...thanks you for sharing....happy day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a gorgeous CASE of the CASE Study card...you are so right on with the beautiful Verve stamps. It is a lovely Christmas card...right up my alley :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. just lovely and brilliant use of the twine for the background strip of the sketch. thanks so much for using this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty colors Sandie! So glad you played along with us in this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Sandie!! Love the colors, the sentiment is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Twist of Faith this week and we hope you will join us again.

    Hugs and smiles

    Laine
    DT - Twist of Faith

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful Sandie! The verse really pops! Thanks for sharing with us at Twist of Faith Cards this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, I love the baker's twine! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Love the gems and the twine accent! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A sweet take on the sketch, Sandie, and I love how you let the sentiment shine! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch! this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is just so lovely, Sandie! I think twine was the perfect choice! THanks for playing with us again over on CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a beautiful image! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. true Christmas spirit. lovely card, I like your twine for the background strip! thank you for joining us at CTS ; )

    ReplyDelete

//