Wednesday 7 November 2012

Happy Birthday Lynn!

Today I want to shout across the pond......Happy Birthday Lynn!!

Lynn and I are cousins and therefore have always been connected although we live in different countries. But over the last 18 months, and through our love of card making, we have become a lot closer and I feel blessed to have her in my life. Our new connections means the world to me, so today we are raising a glass to you Lynn!

And my card today is for Lynn. Hopefully it has arrived in the post o.k-if not Lynn, read on to see what it should have looked like!!

I wanted to use the leaf dies and stamps as Lynn has often commented to me how much she loves these.  I have used the colour combo set by Mynnette for the third card in her DT call (details here). This was a tough combo-suede, baby blue and olive. I did have to think a while on this one but had the idea of looking through my stash of buttons to find a suede one and actually found one that I think is a pretty good match. I then die cut a flower from, much neglected, blue felt. I masked off the strip and did some inking and stamping in the colour combo.

And here is my card for Lynn and my third card for the Mynnette's DT call.


I am also going to enter this into the Totally Gorguss 'button' challenge, and Crafty Catz 'add texture' challenge.


Have a fun day Lynn xx

8 comments:

  1. Soooo purty! Love that single blue felt flower - really pops off the card. great texture on the card. So this is CAS...

    I'll join you in shouting "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LYNN!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sandie, you are a complete gem. This card arrived in all it's beauty safe and sound and oh so perfect. It is completely me! I love it! And we are so blessed to have this hobby to share together. Love you my dear and fabulous cousin!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful card, thanks for sharing with us at CRAFTY CATZ x carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. superb and stunning card thank you for sharing it with us at CRAFTY CATZ this week hope we see you again hug sassyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandie
    A beautiful card thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandie, it's fabulous!!! LOVE the use of all the brown with hints of the other colors and I absolutely adore all your CAS projects! Thanks so much for joining in my DT call--I'll be emailing you by the end of November to let you know either way! Good luck! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous autumnal card. Love the design with the orange distress with leaves and that lovely blue flower with a button. Thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss and good luck. Hope to see you back saturday for another challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are grateful that you joined our Challenge this week at Party Time Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete

//