Monday 26 November 2012

My D.I.Y man!!

Happy Monday,

I am happy today as I have a new crafting desk that my hubby spent all weekend building. Well, I say building........it was a flat pack! But he is no D.I.Y man and I was amazed and super pleased he did it for me, and it is perfect. As a thank you I mixed a Manhattan cocktail and made him a 'builder's tea' of pie and mash! And if you know me I hate to cook, so this was an effort for me (not so much mixing the cocktail, this I don't mind doing!!).

Naturally his hard work deserved a card and I had a lot of fun making this with quite a few Paper Smooches stamps. I have had the 'my guy' set for a while and am so pleased I got to use it and for this week Paper Smooches Sparks challenge. I saw their inspiration picture and the whole idea for the card popped into my head and I just got inky. I think I must have smiled the whole time I made it.....I so love it when a plan comes together and just at the right time. Here is the photo:



The chevrons, colours of the cushions and flowers plus the 'love' sentiment were all inspirations that led to my card. One of the hammers I stamped in a different colour and cut IT out and used foam pads so it pops off the page.


I have also, over the last week, discovered a few new fab challenge sites and I am going to enter this card into one of these called Addicted to Stamps and More. They have a CAS challenge this week. I think this card is pretty CAS and is all stamping-no ribbon, gems, twine etc, just good old funky stamps and inky ink!!

I have some exciting news to share with you later in the week so please keep checking back!

Thanks for stopping by x

10 comments:

  1. Oh this is awesome...way to rock the My Guy stamps...and where oh where is the picture of the new desk? I love how you combined the colors and the patterns. thanks for playing with us at PaperSmooches Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this, Sandie!!! The bright colors are wonderful and I adore your layout! Too fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab stamping and colours, Sandie. I like how you have popped up one of the hammers. Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps & More. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so fun! love the masculine stamps and colors. thanks so much for playing along with the paper smooches SPARKS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandie, I really love your idea for a masculine card. The colours and layout are fab! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the layout! Such fun colours too! Is there such a thing as "builder's tea" or did you just make that up?! LOL. Well done, Callum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great thank you card for a "handy" man - flat pack or not :o) Thanks for joining us this week with your fun and colorful card at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, he is a KEEPER!! I love how your card showing the appreciation and love for the DIY man! Love the bright colors and composition, Sandie!I can't wait to hear your great news.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandie, Love the fun colours on your card and the way the blue hammer stands out among the orange ones. I'd love to see the table too! Well done Callum. Love Tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. SOOOO cute! I bet your husband loved this card:) I love the blue hammer!!! Great take on this inspiration photo challenge!!! THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at Paper Smooches SPARKS!!!

    ReplyDelete

//