Sunday 30 December 2012

Feeling Any Better?

Here in London it seems there are a lot of poorly people and from reading your blogs it appears it is not just us Londoners!
So I am back today with another 'Get Well' card.



The inspiration for this came from this picture at Inspired By


I actually saw this photo whilst looking at Mynnette's blog for inspiration (check it out). The photo reminded me of those white sparkly fireworks that look like they are falling from the sky. I had this idea in my head but didn't take it any further until I saw this funky sketch at Retro Sketches


This card started as a New Year's Eve card and the stamped image was meant to be fireworks-I just repeated stamping, in different colours, a Kanban Crafts stamp, that I thought looked like an exploding firework. But I couldn't make the New Year idea worked so changed track. I decided this bright pattern might cheer a poorly person up. I had problems with the button and twine until I decided to just stick the twine to the back of the card and cover this with card stock. I stamped my 'handcrafted by' stamp onto this card stock and made holding the button in place easy. I must try to remember that little technique as I have a feeling it could be quite useful.
I am much happier with this card than the one I made yesterday-it made me smile!!

Hubby and I are having a repeat of yesterday afternoon-I create cards in one corner of our spare room and he creates music on his Apple-Mac, the other side of the room. We compare notes now and then, have a cup of tea and a chat then go back to our creating! It really is the most perfect way to spend an afternoon together, both doing something we love and sharing it with each other. He always praises my cards whatever they look like (sweet) and I say his music is great (mmmm!!)-support is what we need, truth is not always necessary!!
Hope you got to spend your Sunday with the people who are special to you x

7 comments:

  1. Such a fun card and a great take on the inspiration! Thanks for playing at Inspired By.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card Sandie! Your Sundays with your dear hubby sound sweet indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandie, you are so sweet to go and check my blog for inspiration--what an honor! This card is absolutely brilliant!!! LOVE the gorgeous colors you used and the button with the twine up at the top is so cool--my DH was looking over my shoulder and even remarked what a great accent that is was! HUGS & Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How idyllic your life sounds!! Yes, you are right - everyone in my family has been sick (Norovirus struck again yesterday, this time my partner). Your card is a beautiful design. The multi-coloured stamping is great and I too love the way you've done the button - not seen that before.
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the perfect day for you and Callum. I had lots of crafty time too. and wow do I love those bursts of color they are fabulous and sure to cheer up someone not feeling well.

    By the way, what does Callum use to create his music? Ryan got a Mac mini for Christmas with Pro Tools to try to create his own music as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm feeling better...thank you! Sounds like you and Callum had a perfect afternoon. Your card is beautiful. Have a fun-filled New Year's day and I wish you many blessing for 2013!

    hugs,
    Asha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the colors Sandie, and the solution with the twine is just great:) Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete

//