Monday 7 January 2013

Christmas Still???

I know that you think Christmas is over but have you thought about next year yet??? I was inspired to make my card today when I saw the sketch challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. It was really Ruth's 2012 Christmas box here that tempted me to make a Christmas card. Plus yesterday we took down all our decorations and tree so I thought it might be fun to make my first Christmas card for 2013 to keep the spirit alive!! The 52 Christmas Card Throwdown has a weekly challenge all year. I would love to be able to enter this weekly but lets see if I manage it.There are lots of offers on Xmas goodies at the moment, so a little retail therapy may help!!

Here is my card:





I used Cas-ual Friday's Merry-Kiss-Mas stamp set and just added a few red gems and coloured some of the berries red with promakers. A very CAS version of the sketch but I do like it!

I will also enter this into the 'black, white and splash of one colour' challenges at Less is More and Hiding in my Craft Room.
Here is the sketch:




Have a good week and get in some inky time when you can.....you know it keeps us sane! x

10 comments:

  1. Okay...you're motivating me to get moving because man oh man did I get burned out on Christmas last month!!! Absolutely love how you turned the sketch Sandie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card... I love the sentiment!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love this set...

    Thanks for joining us
    Jen xx
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a contemporary use of this set- fabulous. Love how you have rotated the sketch too. Thanks for playing along at 52 CCT this week

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cute card! Don't know if I'm ready to make Christmas cards just. last month's frenzied production burnt my festive fuse. Maybe next week...we'll see. In the meantime, I'll just sit back and admire your work!

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandie, what a great card you've made with my sketch layout, it works so well rotated! The sentiment goes perfectly with that mistletoe image! Love the colour combo too!

    I've just emailed you - a bit of a ramble, sorry! Hope it helps though! : ) Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christmas ALWAYS!!! Be prepared, scout! ;) LOVE this, Sandie! I am jealous of your amazing new CAS-ual Friday stamps! I want some SO BAD but have other "needs" that have come first, lol! This is just beautiful, dear! Thanks so much for joining us at 52CCT! I hope you can play along with us again next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful job with the sketch and I love how you've used that image and sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT! I hope you will be able to join us each week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card Sandie. Love the images and sentiment! Love how you used the sketch too...Meg

    ReplyDelete
  10. Building your Christmas card stash already?! WOW! Impressive! Thanks for playing with us this week at HIMCR!

    ReplyDelete

//