Monday 22 July 2013

S.W.A.L.K

Happy Monday to all,

I am popping in to share my card that was inspired by this week challenge at Runway Inspired.

Here is my card:





And here is the photo that inspired it:


I loved this 'CAS' dress and had to go to the website to get a closer look at the detail. Some of the lips and hearts are covered with beads and gems. This really got be thinking and I also loved Wida's DT card here-her beaded heart is just perfect!
I decided to go with the lips and stamped them in red and fussy cut them out. I then used liquid pearl to give them a shine-just like glossy lipstick. It is hard to see the gloss in the photo but IRL it really does look like lipstick. I just stamped the sentiments using Wida's card as inspiration for this and added a gem heart for the yellow you see in the photo and popped the lips up for dimension on a foam pad, after embossing the card with the linen embossing folder to add more texture. I tried out a number of different colour card bases and was amazed that I thought the bright yellow really worked!

That is me for today, have a good one, but before you pop off, here is Wida's card that helped inspire me:

9 comments:

  1. Oh. Pure love of this card. It is beyond perfection in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! I love the yellow border and those red lips are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely fabulous, Sandie! What a great idea to add some gloss on those red lips, and the yellow works so well as frame!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is brilliant! LOVE it--the layout and colors are perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool CAS card Sandie! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - what a fabulous creation, Sandie! How clever of you to add a bit of gloss to the lips. Love this CAS number.
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your interpretation of the RIC outfit. I think you've captured the essence of the design perfectly. Really great card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderful interpretation of the image :) love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Swoon!Beautiful stamped design, Sandie! I love the placement of text with the red lips!! So glad that you join the fun with us at Runway Inspired Challenge! Please say hi for me when you see Lynn (Wink!)!

    ReplyDelete

//