Saturday 4 January 2014

Addicted to CAS #29

Happy New Year to all Addicted to CAS lovers!
This month we are so pleased we have Nancy joining us as our Guest Designer!

We are here with our first challenge of 2014. This week our hostess is the very talented Loll. Loll this week has chosen 'die cuts' as our inspiration.


I was very tempted to go with a London City scene but thought perhaps you had seen too many of them from me! London will be back but for this week I went all French on you and created this:


For the background I used a Stamplorations mixed media stamp, randomly stamping it and masking it to give this faded look. I then stamped the Eiffel tower in 2 different purple inks and added my die cut Eiffel Tower with foam pads to give dimension. I was pleased with the way this turned out. It has actually already been posted as a thank you for a very gorgeous Christmas gift.

This week we are very pleased to have Deedee's digis as our sponsor who are offering our winner 3 sets of digital stamps. 
Before you get die cutting, check out the fabulous projects from our DT here and then join in the fun.

Great to have you all back xx

I will also enter this into
Keep it Simple-Anything Goes

23 comments:

  1. Hi Sandie and happy new year. What a fabulous card, I love how you combined the stamped images with the die cut and the kraft card is a superb backdrop.As always a beautifully classy Cas creation ( try saying that after a few gins !)

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my....that mixed media stamp has me swooning...I love it placed behind the Eiffel Tower...I've just commented on 3 amazing cards...your mojo is in full swing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going all French on us works for me, Sandie! The balance you've created here is wonderful ... and I love the Eiffel Tower popped up to make a statement! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the curve of the background stamp! Fantastic card Sandie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Sandie - a lovely card and I love the die cut Eiffel Tower - looks great against your background - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fab, Sandie! Love the inked background you've made for this die cut Eiffel Tower! A great design for a thank you card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandie, I LOOOOVE this card! The stamped sheet music is a perfect match with the Eiffel Tower, this has a vintage feel to it I think. Gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my favorite dies!-, only I don't have the matching stamp~ Love Paris themed cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Makes me wanna go to Paris.......Thanks for joining my blog, Sandie - I have a welcome for you there - hop on over, if you find time...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous design Sandie! Love the collage stamping ... and perfect done on the kraft card base. The die-cut tower just pops! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh La La - this is so chic and CAS!! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect design, Sandie. I never tire of seeing your London cards and cannot wait to see London in person!!! This card is really pretty. I love that die and your background is amazing. Happy New Year, my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, Sandie! Love the background! I don't get tired of seeing your London city scenes :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sandie, I love the off-stamped images all concentrated in the same area, it works beautifully as a backdrop to your die cut Eiffel tower. Great card! Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sandie - this is so stylish, and perfect for a Thank You card. Love the placement of the images with the dimension of the die-cut.
    Happy New Year - Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh la la! Tres Chic, Sandie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sandie I absolutely j'adore this! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely card, I love the background you created :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sandie. Love this very much!!! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like the layer of towers that you did. It looks great on the craft background!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just love your mixture of kraft and these lovely colours Sandie - the way your die cut Ëiffel Tower stands out so well.Brilliant.

    Hugs.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the "shadow effect" of the Eiffel Tower background! Lovely all around, Sandie!

    ReplyDelete

//