Saturday 18 January 2014

Addicted to CAS #30

Here at Addicted to CAS we were so happy to see so many fabulous entries to our 'die cut' challenge and thank you all for supporting us. This week, the super talented Shana is our hostess and she has chosen the following code word:


What a great code word for this time of year. You can interpret this in so many ways and if you pop over to our blog here you will see how our DT have done exactly this!
At first I went with new home, new baby etc but it just wasn't working for me. Eventually I created this card:


This card is for a friend who has been through a rough time. My card is meant to represent a 'new beginning' for her. The storm has passed and now it is time to see the rainbows and begin again!

All the colours of the rainbow are shown......I still have to look them up! A few gems and a sequin just seemed to finish off the card as I wanted.

And this month we have Nancy joining us as our GDT. You can check out Nancy's wonderful cards here

Deedee digis are our sponsors and you could win 3 of their fabulous digi set.

Have a fun stamping x

17 comments:

  1. Great interpretation on the cue word! I love the colorful butterflies, this reminded me of a butterfly stamp I have and never use, I have to dig it out from the stamp box! I like the layout. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! Your take on the code word is just perfect for your friend. Pretty butterflies...so colourful. Love it.
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, so colorful and a brilliant take on the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sandie, this is so perfect......the sentiment is amazing and I'm sure your friend will absolutely adore it.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Sandie. I LOVE your interpretation of "New" ... and your rainbow colored flowers are so pretty! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You knocked the cue word out of the park. I love your beautiful stamping. The colors together are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you interpreted the code word, Sandie. All of the bright colors look fantastic on the white. It's so cheery. I'm sure your friend will love it and appreciate it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your explanation of the code word and the use of your butterflies. Gorgeous and bright, this makes my heart sing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card Shanna I love those bright colors representing hope. Love all that white space too. Such an uplifting card.

    P.s. have added your blink to my blog for your new venture.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great take on the cue word, Sandie ... and such a pretty card with the loveliest, uplifting sentiment ... your friend will love it, I'm sure! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A brilliant take on the "New" theme Sandie - the sentiment and rainbow colours are sooooo gorgeous. Love it!
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I really like your interpretation of the word "new" and your card is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a thoughtful card. I love the colors and flow of flowers on ur card. Brilliant !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply stunning hun and loving those flutterbys too....
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just beautiful and a perfect card for someone starting anew. Love the sentiment; is it a digi or a regular stamp?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sandi, I love the little cluster of butterflies in the bottom of the card. I also love the sentiment. All round, gorgeous!
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

//