Saturday 4 January 2014

Inkspirational #47

The first Saturday of the New Year and that must mean it is time for a new challenge at Inkspirational plus we are very excited as here at Inkspirational we are a celebrating our first Anniversary! And this week we have this colour challenge for you:



At first I struggled with this. I was stuck on chocolate brown and yellow and couldn't think of any ideas for this. I decided to not think about this challenge for a bit and then, you guessed it, an idea popped into my head! Kraft is brown! I can usually think of an idea using Kraft and here is what I came up with:


This coffee cup is a Fresh Squeezed Stamp and I did a bit of paper piecing with some yellow DSP scrap card I found. I cut a slit in the lid and added a tooth pick to be my stirrer. I thought I should point out it is a stirrer as hubby wanted to know why someone would use a straw to drink a Latte!! And there was me thinking it was obvious!!
Our DT have some great takes on this colour scheme so please pop to our blog here before you join in the fun!

I will also enter this into:
Keep It Simple-Anything goes


11 comments:

  1. Very cute, Sandie! I love your use of designer paper and the color combo looks great. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your paper piecing is so adorable! Love the cup of coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool beans for such a cool card, Sandie ... the paper pieced coffee cup's fab! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great thank you design! Love this color combo and can't wait to give it a go myself! Just need to get Christmas out of my home first!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I love this, Sandie - a perfect use of the challenge colours, so fresh and clean. Marina

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a cute card...thanks for your sweet comments on my blog....
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute Sandie. Love the yellow polka-dot paper piecing of the cup! Where have I been. I can't keep the challenges straight any more. I though Inkspirational was on Wednesday's ... geesh, I need a secretary to help keep me organized - my calendar is obviously not enough :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Wednesdays Loll but changed over to Saturday when the blog changed hands in October.

      Delete
  8. Love the clean look of your card Sandie. I have to admit I thought the toothpick was a straw too and just thought "Iced Coffee"....lol Like you I found the colours hard at first but was happy with what I created too. Kraft is such a versatile colour and creates such a nice soft card. Love it.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet and warm! Love your stir stick and Latte...I can almost taste it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card Sandie especially the image! Also love what you did with the colours they are definitely a challenge! Meg

    ReplyDelete

//