Saturday 10 May 2014

Inkspirational #56

Today is a very special day at Inkspirational as we are announcing our 3 new DT members. I am very pleased to say that we are being joined by




All three of these fellow crafters are amazing in their own right and I hope you get chance to pop by their blogs and leave them some love!

This week we have this photo to inspire you to create:


Here is what I came up with:


When I saw the photo I was going to go with a silhouette and sunsets but some how ended up with this card! I think it was something to do with some new 'Happy' dies and the stamp set 'Up and Away' from Mama Elephant that arrived recently (these are actually for my friend Nonni who is coming to stay soon but she let me play with her new stamps!)

I used glitter paper for the die and one of the balloons. I used my copics for the balloons and added a touch of white gel pen on each one. The buttons are a 'desgin elemnet,' as we like to say, when using something to cover up a colouring mistake...but I think it worked out o.k and would you have known if I hadn't fessed up!!

Our new expanded DT have come up with some amazing and varied interpretations of this photo, take a look here and then get stamping and have fun!

I will enter this into the 'button' challenge at Catered Crop

15 comments:

  1. This card makes me feel happy. - love the way the happy is floating away. The buttons are a really cute addition, so thank goodness you weren't perfect or you might not have used them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't help but smile at these delightful, delicious balloons floating off so happily, Sandie ... gorgeous glitteriness on the sentiment ... love how you continued it into just the one balloon! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, Sandie! Love that big glittery happy! You made e laugh when you fessed up to why the addition of the buttons. Mostly because I can't count how many times I've done this myself!! LOL. Sure I could start again but I'm stubborn! Shhh don't tell my husband I said that! ;-). Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are completely on the same page with ideas, Sandie :o) Your card is so much like my first idea for the photo challenge, but I also changed my mind. How fun! Love this card with the balloons and the glittery HAPPY! And the buttons just gives it a unique touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've often 'eyed' that Mama Elephant set, but have yet to make the plunge; your card here, however, is bringing me ever closer to doing so You've used your 'borrowed' stamps wonderfully (how sweet of Nonni to share!) and pairing them with your new Happy die - which you've warmly welcomed into your collection - makes for one darling card! The single glitter balloon to match the sparkly Happy, is so eye-catching; as for your 'design element' buttons - brilliant! I think they add a special touch (even if they're 'mistake cover-uppers! Perhaps that mistake was 'meant to be' to bring the buttons onto the scene). Fabulous card; a mega watt smile all over my face as I gaze at and admire it! Thank you soooo much for the warm welcome and your ever-so encouraging comments. You are awesome!! Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the way you discripe that you started of with a completely different idea...
    Good idea to use the buttons! A fresh card! Enjoy the weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of those stamps, Sandie! And I really love the die cut sentiment, so trendy with the bold look and I like the happy glitter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The buttons are fresh take on the balloons. nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your new die, I love sentiment dies! Nice touch with the gel pen on the balloons. A cheerful clean design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Sandie, love the sparkle. I've often used butterflies to cover up boo boos! You're right we'd never have known as it looks perfect, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is too cute Sandie. I love the glitter paper. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just perfect for the photo! Great colors against the white and the glitter letters are so fun!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy definitely descripts this card Sandie! Love the addition of the button and the sparkly sentiment. Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great design element - adds dimension so obviously was meant to be! Cool card :)

    ReplyDelete

//