Sunday 13 July 2014

Fusion Inspired!

A very Happy Sunday to you all,

I have been wanting to join in the fun at Fusion since I saw the inspiration photo but was quite stuck for ideas. I love to play along at Fusion and as I missed the last one as I was on hols I really wanted to create something for this one. I just loved the big red flowers on the dress but was also drawn to the blue and the graphic look of the stripes...so all a bit confused in my head! This afternoon I felt like doing some colouring and painting so decided to use my water colour pencils to colour a red flower. Not quite sure why I added a yellow centre but it just felt right! Artistic freedom!! I actually did watercolour around the edge in blue but it didn't end of looking how I wanted it to so I decided to fussy cut the flower out and ended up with this:


Once I had fussy cut it out I didn't know what to do with it. So still in the mood for colouring I stamped the same flower and used my copics to colour it. And, yes, my friends, that is some ribbon!! The red flower is popped up on foam pads for a little added dimension. I am not really sure how I ended up with this card, it was nothing like the graphic card I was going to make for Fusion but well, this is what I was inspired to make today. And something different from me that was fun to make!

Enjoy the rest of your day xx


12 comments:

  1. You know, I discovered the ribbon immediately, a rare thing to spot over here, but it's a nice touch on this card. You colored the glowers beautifully, and I love the dimension added from the red one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colouring and i love the combi with the blue stripes! Turned out to a beautiful design! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay...you need to cross over the pond and teach me how to color. This is fabulous. Love how you were inspired Sandie. Of course, I love seeing you at Fusion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing colouring, Sandie ... love how you've used the shape of the flowers to mimic the flare of the skirt on the dress ... so very pretty! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...love your pair of beautiful and bold flowers. What a sweet way to say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card Sandie, the bold flowers in striking colours and the ribbon that finishes the card beautifully, it's a gorgeous card.

    Thank you for reminding me of the Time Out Challenge sweetie.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Sandie! Those flowers are fantastic! I love the streaked look that the pencils give. I have never used watercolor pencils. I also like that you used dual colors on the flowers and the ribbon adds a lot! =)
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the beautifully colored big blooms, and the flower going off the edge. Thank you for sharing with Fusion :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning flowers, Sandie! You were 'inspired' by the FUSION challenge, with results that are amazing! The red flower is ever so eye-catching! Pretty, plus! As for the ribbon: perfect special touch (I do. not. do. ribbon!) and one that you've carried off with style and flair! WOW!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adding the yellow center to the red flower ties is nicely to the base layer. Your artistic freedom had a great design sense! :)

    ReplyDelete

//