Wednesday 23 July 2014

More Rainbows!

This is round 2 for this post as I hadn't finished writing it earlier and then posted and deleted it...boy my brain is not in gear today!! So here goes again!

I made this card yesterday after coming across a sentiment stamp I hadn't used before. It reminded me that at Less is More this week the theme is 'Singing in the Rain'. I wanted to water colour so made this:


I did at first mask off the area to make my rainbow but after taking off the tape it just looked too uniform. So I just added more paint and water, swished about a bit and let the colours run into one another....oh I just realised I could add this to the 'run' challenge at CASology as this is exactly what I did...turned the paper all ways so that the paint would run more and be less uniform.

I will also enter it into the 'nature' challenge at The Mixed Media Challenge as I do love the texture of this paper and think it really shows up in this photo. I am sure they are fed up with me over there as I have entered so many times but I kinda like the fact that I am making CAS mixed media cards and I really thought I would never be able to do this!

Now I need to rest my brain...goodbye x

18 comments:

  1. Stunning water coloring Sandie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome design. Love your watercolored rainbow background. And the purple border really adds a pop of color. Love the splatters and sequins - perfect with your sentiment. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your watercolour and you're right the paper is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely and soft, what can I say, just LOVELY!!! Wonderful. Thanks for joining all of the gang at CASology, love seeing your CAS creations Sandie!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful watercolouring Sandie!
    Thank you so much for joining in this week
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful paper, amazing water-colouring and such a unique take on the 'run' challenge! Brilliant you!! Pretty, delicate, CAS....another card to love!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely watery colours Sandie!
    Super card.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. It doesn't have to be complicated to be beautiful! Lovely sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can do just any style you wish and make it ur signature :) thank you for sharing with MMCC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how the rainbow looks; just as you sometines see before it disapears... Beautiful! Hope you have a fun week, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope your brain is doing better, Sandie ;) This rainbow tugs at my heart. So sweet and definitely much better with unkept edges. Great to see this CAS textured beauty in the MMCC gallery too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous, unstructured rainbow, Sandie ... all the more so with added splatters! I love that you're using mixed media and still keeping it CAS ... so inspiring as I haven't ventured there yet! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. and I adore this one!!! thanks for playing along again :) - you are on a roll :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that gorgeous, soft rainbow, Sandie! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simply beautiful & sweet! I love the texture the cardstock adds to this!

    Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the watercolored rainbow and the sentiment is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

//