Thursday 3 July 2014

TIME OUT Challenge #9

Happy Friday Eve and that means it is time for out new challenge at TIME OUT Challenges.

It is our 'Inspired by Words' challenge and this week we have this phrase for you:

FUN IN THE SUN

You can be inspired by just one of these words or by the whole phrase. I decided to for the whole phrase as it seemed appropriate as I have just returned home from my hols (as long as the flight was on time!).



To create this card I looked on the Internet for a sunset image I liked. I then masked off some watercolour paper and had a go at painting with water colour pencils my version of the sunset! I do hope I got to see lots of these sunsets on my holiday (this is a pre-scheduled post!)

I am very excited that our Guest Designer is my blogging friend Carol. We met in blog land a few months ago and have become friends and often share crafting tips and tricks. I love her style and her blog Just Me:c is full of inspiration and crafty excellence. 

Our DT have made some wonderful projects all inspired by 'Fun in the Sun'. Take a look at these at our main TIME OUT Challenge blog.

You have nearly 2 weeks to join in the fun and if you are a winner you will be asked to join us as a future Guest Designer.

Now take some TIME OUT and get crafting!!




13 comments:

  1. Stunning masking and creation of an amazing sunset Sandie! Hope you and Callum are home safe and sound and all bronzed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tropical feel of your card - stunning. Hope you had a lovely holiday & feel refreshed :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful masked/stamped card! Great sunset-watercolourring! Hope you did pucked up some fresh energy from your Hols! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sunset, Sandie! I hope the sunsets in Cyprus were equally beautiful! Perfect CAS card. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty :) love this sunset !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, very Hawaiian like, and it looks so peaceful, yet cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so fantastic Sandie I love your version of the sunset! Gorgeous! Welcome home

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your sunset Sandie. So beautiful! Hope you had a great holiday and are now home safe. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so beautiful Sandie and the design is amazing! I hope you had a lovely holiday - hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just lovely, Sandie ... such gorgeous soft warm colours in your sunset! Hope you had a wonderful holiday! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty sunset Sandie, gorgeous design. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, here I thought I'd left a comment (I did write one!), but evidently something ate it! I'm back (good thing I checked!!), to share my delight at what you've created. The sunset is absolutely gorgeous...and the silhouette of the trees is perfect!! Water-colour pencils? Oh, do tell what brand, if you have a chance! Thank you immensely for the shout out; and for the record, "you" have been one of my best discoveries in blog land!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is lovely and makes me want to enjoy a gorgeous sunrise or sunset in a beautiful tropical place!! This is really lovely and I think it is very impressive!!

    ReplyDelete

//