Wednesday 24 September 2014

Again...at last!

Hello my friends,

For some time now I have been thinking about having a go at embossing an image and the colouring it. Thinking is as far as it has got until I saw the challenge this week at CASology. 2 ideas came to mind straight away and the first one was embossing this butterfly image from Uniko and then colouring. So at last I got down to giving this a go. I was going to use copics but opted for water colouring for a more free and easy look.


I embossed the image in vanilla powder then used a variety of water colours just letting the paints take me where ever they wanted-this is what I love about water colouring, you can just go with the flow! A few splashes to finish. I really enjoyed making this and went onto make another card using this technique.

I am hoping to get idea 2 done before the deadline!

Have a fun day x


17 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Sandie. Love the gorgeous coloring and the crisp black sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My creation for this challenge is drying overnight in my craft room. I hope it works out. I love your watercoloured option. Love the colour of your cardstock too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That butterfly is so beautifully colored, Sandie! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great with those colours! A little sunshine on this gray day here.... Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandie this is so beautiful, the colours are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous, Sandie ... all that soft watercolouring is perfect with the delicate butterfly! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your butterfly is so pretty, Sandie! I love the artistic feel of embossing and adding water colors and your CAS design is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous mix of colors for your watercolored butterfly Sandie! Love the idea of embossing in white. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Watercolouring scares me, but you did a terrific job with it.
    Very pretty effect.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful job with this technique, Sandie! It's always fun to try new ways of being artistic!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous butterfly Sandie! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sandie, this is SPECTACULAR!!! Thanks for joining us at CASology, love the watercolor

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! Love the raised lines of them embossing in combination with beautiful coloring. Great idea, a technique I will most definitely give a try too!
    I'm sorry I'm a bit late commenting. Lots of traveling for work and think I've got a mild version of something giving headaches but no fever. But luckily the weekend isn't over yet! Perhaps I can manage to drag myself into the craft room tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a fabulous idea, Sandie. The end result is stunning. Hope you are well.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  15. How lovely!! I love the embossing on this!! Your coloring is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you finally tried this because your butterfly is gorgeous, Sandie! Love the subtle spatter int he background too. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful...repeat x 100000000000000000!! Love it!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

//