Thursday 30 April 2015

Time Out #30

Hello All,

This week at Time Out Challenges we have our 'Home Sweet Home' photo inspired challenge. Here is our photo:



There is so much to inspire you here-colours, flowers, stripes and much more. I sat down to create a non CAS flower power card but just I was about to start I decided to zoom in on the cushion and got distracted by the grey leaves. After looking at this I noticed that the wall paper also has grey leaves. With this in mind I created a very CAS sympathy card:


I simply die cut a number of these leaves in grey and topped them of with a white one that I cut from some card I had already embossed with wood grain. I added the sentiment in grey. 
Definitely not a non CAS flower power card but there you go, that is how crafting take us sometimes!

Our Guest Designer this week is Joyce. I am sure many of you know Joyce but if not take a look at her blog Cards-by-the-Sea-it sure is worth a look and I am sure you will come away inspired!

How will this photo inspire you?
Take a look here to see what our DT came up with.

Then kick back, take some TIME OUT and join in the fun-you have until 6th May 5pm BST to play x

I will enter this into the 'Layers and Dimensions' at Virginia's View Challenge-I am pleased I have managed to get layers and dimensions and still be CAS!

18 comments:

  1. Sigh! Sandie, this is blissful ... the crispness and touch of texture is just gorgeous ... and oh my, all that delicious white on white ... sigh ... again! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sandie your card is just beautiful - Love it! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, happy sigh. This is perfect Sandie. Just pinned it. I am in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I love the simple elegance of this card, Sandie! Great dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWZERS Sandie! CAS or what? You are the QUEEN of CAS. This is fantastic, love the simplicity and sentiment plus that shadow of grey! Stunning. Love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So it can go; but I don't mind you made a CAS-card; it is a style that you master so easy.... Love the way the gray works to give depth on the card! HUgs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, soft and delicate. Perfect CAS sympathy card. Great interpretation too on the inspiration :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is just gorgeous. So interesting to see how you were inspired, and your card is so very calm--not what I would have expected from that photo, which only makes it that much more spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your white on white is just so cool Sandie! ~hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your white on white is just so cool Sandie! ~hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fantastic simple design, so appropriate for a sad occasion. It feels so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a wonderful, CAS design Sandie and a very clever take on the inspiration photo - you have a great eye for detail and it really shows with this beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How funny that we both noticed the grey leaves?? Must be the CAS designs running through our veins! Stunning design!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sandie, this is stunning! Love the whit on white with the hint of grey under the leaves. Beautiful sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I love how your inspiration took you to create this beauty! I love the woodgrain texture! Very pretty card Sandie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card...love your fabulous flower, and the clean look you created.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sooo elegant white on white card Sandie..love your CAS design..

    ReplyDelete

//