Sunday 17 January 2016

Have a Gorgeous Day!

I hope you are all having a fun weekend.

Here is my card for today:


Last Monday I saw the colour combo at The Challenge. I liked the idea of the orange and teal but wasn't sure about combining it with the navy blue but decided I would give it a go. On Monday I created a ombre orange panel using water colours and this panel had been on my craft desk all week! I had no idea what to do next. Then last night I decided I would die cut it to flowers and leaves. Then I did the same with some teal card. I messed around with the layout and eventually came up with this. Stamping the sentiment in navy blue.

I wasn't sure I would manage this colour combo but I guess that is why we call them challenges. 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend x

13 comments:

  1. Using your new goodies! Love how you used the colors Sandie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way the flowers frame your sentiment, Sandie! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good that you are using the watercoloured piece; the flowers look good just a shade of one colour! Enjoy the sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Sandie, great use of the watercolour pieces.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card Sandie! Watercolored pieces look cool! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've nailed these colors, Sandie! Those watercolored flowers are lovely, and I love the CAS feel to this card. Very sweet! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandie! I just had the most marvelous time strolling through your blog. My goodness, you are so good at CAS. I find it difficult but you totally rock it!
    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving the sweet comments. I am happily your newest follower, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet CAS design! Thanks so much for joining us at The Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Sandie...such a sweet card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Sandy! So thankful that you were able to join us at The Challenge this week! Wonderful card, FUN design !!! Super clean and simple, Oh Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cas card Sandie and I love those pretty colours together:) I haven't been over to visit in a while so I am really enjoying 'rummaging' around your blog and seeing what I've missed....so many wonderful cards! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. There's something 70s like about the design of these flowers, it's a style I love...

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty, Sandie ... love how those sweet corner posies mirror one another and frame the sentiment so beautifully! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

//