Thursday 7 January 2016

Time Out #47

Are you ready to take some TIME OUT and take part in our first challenge of the year at Time Out Challenges?

This year we are going to follow the same format as last year with one exception:

All our Theme Challenges will have an optional Technique Twist.

We know you are not all fans of techniques and because of this that is why it is optional. However if you do wish to twist with us we will have a randomly chosen prize for a twister!

Now for our first Theme challenge:

Birthdays with the optional Technique Twist of adding sponging.

If you do want to twist with us by adding sponging (just a little or lots-we don't mind) you have the chance of winning a £15 evoucher from our fabulous sponsor Uniko. We know so many of you love Uniko goodies. Take a look at their store here.

I find sponging really hard to do but gave it a go and came up with this:


 The flower and large sentiment stamps are from Uniko. And I got the idea when I saw this card by Sarah. I have always admired her skill at sponging. She is an expert. I had to add the flowers to cover up where my sponging really is awful! But thanks for the inspiration Sarah!

Our Guest Designer this week is the very talented and creative Rema. She is a regular player at TIME OUT and her cards are always a joy to see in our gallery. Take a look at her blog Paper Panache and you will see what I mean!

Our super DT have all had created inspiring projects for you-take a here.

Now kick back, take some TIME OUT and get crafty.

I will enter this into the new challenge:

    



18 comments:

  1. Sweet card Sandie! Happy new year! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out Sandie and love the fact that I inspired you! Very humbled! Beautiful sponging, placement and those cheery colours are brilliant. A little puzzled at which of my cards inspired you as it links to blog home page! Heehee! Hugs Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Puzzled no more Sandie! Through my bleery sleepy eyes I didn't see the 'this' link... Just'Sarah'! Duh! Thanks again sweetie. X

      Delete
  3. Love how you tied this to the top of the card. Gorgeous sponging and layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your sponging looks great Sandie and I love the beautiful CAS design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your sponging looks great Sandie and I love the beautiful CAS design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your sponging is FAB and works beautifully with the sentiments. The added flowers are the perfect touch. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's wrong with the sponging? Those flowers look as if they were meant to be there! Just the thing to brighten up a dull and grey January. So pleased you found us at CuM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card. Your sponging is perfect, and I love how intense your colors are up at the top and the contrast with the bottom 1/3 white.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card Sandi! Beautiful colors and design...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your inking adds softness to this otherwise crisp design, I very much like the effect of it. If you can maybe I can too? I love that you make the technique optional, sometimes I find it a less scary to try when it's not a must, for some unexplainable reason,,,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there, sandie! What a super cute card. I just wanted to let you know about our Anything Goes challenges at Word Art Wednesday. Our sponsor this week is Simon Says Stamp $25. I hope you will stop by to play along with us!
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth, Owner
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful combination of colours Sandie. Great job with masking and sponging! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colours and the card! If you find it hard to sponge, try to sponge on real smooth paper that is what I found the easiest at my biginning of sponging... Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card Sandie! So CAS! Just love the pop of yellow!
    Thank you for stopping by to play Paru's Card Making Challenges.
    Please could you display our challenge logo on your blog? Appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty, Sandie ... gorgeous, vibrant colours ... love how the defined line of fabulous sponging runs through the sentiment! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Sandi :-) I love the colours and CAS design, very pretty :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sandie, you sponging looks perfect from my perspective! Pretty colours and the flowers are so sweet!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

//