Saturday 1 April 2017

Hello!

Hi All

First day of Aprils-has anyone been a fool?

I have a card today for the 'text' challenge at CASology. I saw this challenge when it came out and loved the variety of cards the DT had made. The card here from Joyce just kept playing on my mind. I really like how she used the subtle background. A light bulb moment hit me after a few days musing this challenge and I made this:



I used a text embossing folder and die cut from this the 'hello' die from STAMPlorations. I then die cut this same die from black fun foam and placed the white 'text' one on top just slightly off so you get the see the black base to give more definition. I really am quite happy how this turned out. Once the idea was in my head it only took 5 mins to make!

I hope you all have a fun weekend x


9 comments:

  1. Great card, the white embossing and the black and white popped up sentiment are so good together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this. CAS, stunning and the texture is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous. Love the text texture, and your die cut word sentiment really pops. Love how you have offset the white and black.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card Sandie, so much texture and perfectly CAS still... Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fantastic with the black behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous take on the cue word. So happy you could play in the CASology challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. CAStastic Sandie! Now, why didn't I think of that?? Love the way that 'hello' just pops from the embossed background, and all white on white! Clever girl! Brilliant to see you at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That text texture is so perfect for the challenge and for your card! Looks so elegant! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh, this is so stylishly CAS, Sandie ... and so deliciously cool! Congratulations on your shout out at CASology with this beauty! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

//